Forsaken Reborn' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Goodbye, Forsaken

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DanielDragonFilms

DanielDragonFilms

Goodbye, Forsaken Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye, Forsaken   Goodbye, Forsaken I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Earlier this week, in Vent, I was repeatedly scolded by a member of another guild for "ninja-looting" at the end of a raid. After he made 5 or 6 remarks, I finally told him to "let it go already" with some added profanity.

Then I get scolded by members of my own guild for not being good enough at DPS.

Then I get asked to go on a raid... then told to go from DPS to using the console.. then I get removed from the raid for not using the console fast enough.

Remember when Forsaken used to only accept "nice guys", when that was more important than being a good player? Those days, sadly, are behind us.

It's obvious that there are "favorites" within Forsaken, and I'm not one of the favorites. I've had this conversation with at least one guild member who feels exactly the same way.

It's a GAME, a distraction that is taking way too much of my time, if I'm not enjoying it.

I'm not enjoying this guild anymore.

So, I'm done.

If you want to get ahold of me for video work, please visit my website at danieldragonfilms.com

(just sold a music video from existing footage for $500, hooray!)

Before I started playing SWTOR, I played Team Fortress 2 on the #2 ranked server in North America. Ten years ago, I was one of the top ranked Quake 3: Arena players in the world.

Too bad I'm not good enough for your guild!

Back to top Go down
http://danieldragonfilms.com
Keboo
Admin
Keboo

Goodbye, Forsaken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, Forsaken   Goodbye, Forsaken I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Goodbye Reddragon.

Sorry you take it this way.

I just wanna remind you something before you leave.

- Forsaken was asked to give names to help in advance raiding with an other guild.
You were mentioned and went.
You are one of the MOST GEARED OF THE GUILD AS A RESULT.

Most of the ppl you play with are used to play MMO (Mass Multiplayer Online), while you were playing Online games, the game play is different.

I asked everybody if they were ready to be pushed and all, including you, told me "Yes".
Yesterday, you were the slowest to understand a strategy... I'm sorry about that, but it was the case.
After over 10 trials on the same boss, You died trying to save a DPS (you are not a heal and it was really important that you stay on that console), as a DPS you can't heal or barely.
The accumulation of mistakes is rough on a group and to ease up the end of 5-6hours of raiding I made a decision to ease up the strategy and add a tank.
Because I don't have favorites (in that case if I had I would let Loothar go cause he just came back) I removed the less effective on that specific boss to give a chance to the whole group.

If you have to leave cause to much of IRL work, good for you!
If you have to leave cause to hard to raid, I understand.
But don't tell me I let you down, cause I backed you up in front of everybody.
You made honest mistakes, but you MADE THEM, and I was there to back you up, in front of the guildies, of the other guild to.
It is unfair to say that we are not anymore who we claim to be, cause I did act in the interest of the ENTIRE group.

It would be favoritism towards you if I hadn't done it

(just saying:
You did almost all the HM of the game if not all, and all dailies right? All the raids of that game right? HM Raid once too right?, who except few of the guildies did it? Did you do that alone? I don't thing so, you did it with us... What about favoritism again? because I don't think we work on favoritism but if we are you are part of that group.)
Back to top Go down
https://forsakenswtor.forumotion.com
Adalea

Adalea

Goodbye, Forsaken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, Forsaken   Goodbye, Forsaken I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi Dragon, I hope you'll find what you want.

I also wanted to react with the following: There are 2 gears in our guild. The Game in general ( quests, PVP, Craft, Dailies) and Raids. Raids are a little separate and require the most optimized team to achieve a common goal, kill the bad monsters til the end in an acceptable amount of time.

At Forsaken, we are what we claim to be. Being a nice person with a minimum knowledge about the game is the only requirement needed to get in. Everybody has fun and helps others without babysitting, as we are all mature and able to figure out things on our own.

In a raid, there are 8 spots. 8 Only and we need to be prepared to leave our spot when needed for the greater good. If one day we only need one healer, and Skishy or Icculus or anybody else is faster or more geared than me, I'll leave my spot for an other DPS.
Don't get me wrong, I'' be pissed and may not really want to talk to anybody that night, but that's the game. It is about doing what needs to be done to down the bosses.

Also, we are in the first raids, the most difficult as we are all learning the strats and getting geared up. In just a few weeks, we'll be able to expand to more folks.

I'll miss you, I think we were playing a lot together and enjoyed it.
See you around I hope

Cheers
Back to top Go down
DanielDragonFilms

DanielDragonFilms

Goodbye, Forsaken Empty
PostSubject: ^^^   Goodbye, Forsaken I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm not having fun anymore, bottom line. I only play lvl 50 now for the raids & flashpoints; if I'm not good enough to do those, there's no reason for me to stay in the guild.

I have plenty of time, that's not the issue. But I'm not enjoying myself, I find myself not wanting to log into Vent anymore.

You run your guild however you want, it's none of my business. Good luck.

Back to top Go down
http://danieldragonfilms.com
Kracken

Kracken

Goodbye, Forsaken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, Forsaken   Goodbye, Forsaken I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Farewell kind sir,

Really not much I can say that hasn't already been said, other than that I wish I felt your concerns earlier as they were happening, so we can work something out. Playing a game and being frustrated about it is definitely not the way you'd want to spend your valuable time. We been running HM's and raids with you and having to do that, left someone else unable to.

Favoritism is not what we are going for and definitely not the direction we want to go towards. I'm sorry you felt that way about about the guild. Raiding puts more strain on guilds than people realize - people will feel excluded and un-important at times during the raid specially 6 hours into a raid and not going anywhere. The only way to change things up, at that point, is to change the classes involved to better suit what we are up against. Bringing in an off-tank would mean that one of us had to make a sacrifice and skip out on that raid. The mind-set that you need to have about raiding, is that there will be more raids happening and some maybe where a tank would need to be switched out for a dps. Things happen based on the situation and I'm sorry you felt targeted.

I hope the best to you red.

cya around

kracken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodbye, Forsaken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, Forsaken   Goodbye, Forsaken I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goodbye, Forsaken
Page 1 of 1